PICK ME UP
Kickstart sluggish mornings feeling energized and nourished to take on the day. This warm, energy-boosting blend is our favourite AM cup to get us in the flow and support our unique needs! Yerba Mate boosts and elongates your energy levels, with matcha swinging in to help you avoid a jittery caffeine crash typical of coffee. If you’re looking for lil’ something extra to help get through your day (or want to swap out your afternoon coffee) without disrupting your sleep later, this tea is the biggest supporter of your major organs to make it happen.
- Increases energy levels and alertness
- May boost metabolism
- May eliminate sluggishness
- Perfect coffee substitute
Clean, earthy, refreshing with a strong cinnamon note and hints of ginger and sweet berries.
How to steep the perfect cup:
Steep 2 teaspoons of loose-leaf tea at 175 °F for 3-4 minutes. Best enjoyed alone.
12 - 16 cups / 40 g
Why we created this blend:
We like to start our day with a jolt of energy –– and keep it that way. Our founder Cassy steeps a cup of PICK ME UP first thing in the morning before she starts her day and reaches for THINK after lunch to keep her going. We’ve got a bit of an all-natural sweet tooth too, which is why a hint of cinnamon and berry makes it oh-so-tasty!
Drink PICK ME UP when:
You need to start your day off feeling strong and supported, or you need to substitute your second cup of coffee.
All ingredients are flavouring-free, sweetener-free and Certified Organic.
- Green Yerba Mate: Similar to coffee, this ingredient has a higher caffeine content than black tea and can naturally increase our energy levels –– without the jittery side effects. It’s also known for increasing physical performance by improving muscle contractions and reducing fatigue.
- Matcha: Contains L-theanine (an amino acid), which may help promote a sustained sense of calm energy to reduce the effect of stimulating jitters that caffeine induces. The flavour of matcha in this blend is mild.
- Ginger: A warming and stimulating herb that has been used to move energy throughout the body and decrease sluggishness.
- Cinnamon: An aromatic and antioxidant stimulant that can awaken the senses and tastes sweet on the taste buds.
- Citrus peel: Our go-to energy supporter and additional Vitamin C boost!
- Goji Berries: These berries are a newer superfood, and with good reason –– they contain high levels of Vitamin C, antioxidants and flavonoids needed to support the body’s overall health. Goji berries may also help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Burdock root: The herb that does it all! Burdock root may help increase brain function, detox our liver and has tons of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It’s known to give all our internal systems a vitality mega-boost!
- Calendula Flower: A supportive and calming flower that contains anti-inflammatory properties.
4 ways to enjoy PICK ME UP:
- Serve it on ice. Get a refreshing energy boost on hot summer afternoons when you ice this blend. Learn how to steep cold tea here. Note: the flavour profile of this tea tends to taste a little more bitter and earthier when it’s cold.
- Turn it into a bullet tea. See how here.
- Upgrade your smoothie. Add a cup of iced PICK ME UP to your morning smoothie instead of your go-to nut milk, yoghurt or water –– it’ll add an energizing, herbal and supportive kickstart to your favorite recipe!
- Tune into our PICK ME UP playlist on Spotify below - hit play, turn it up and feel energized you from the inside out, your body will crave to move leaving you buzzing with a sense of triumph to take on your day!
We collaborated with one of the top music creatives in the city, India Dania to create a full sensory experience to elevate your personal ritual.
Listen to PICK ME UP Playlist here:
Additional Resources + Tea Guides:
- How Long To Steep Tea - Tips for Different Teas
- Kinds of Tea - Choosing the Right Tea for your Body
- Boost your Immune System Naturally with Herbs
This blend is not ideal for anyone sensitive to caffeine.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada. It does not intend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Please contact your healthcare practitioner if you are taking any medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.