Activate your digestive system so that it’s always ready for anything. In order to keep our stomachs happy, we’ve got to prepare it to digest our food. That’s why we designed this layered blend –– to ensure all the ingredients work in a sequence to calm and support our system. The perfect remedy to ease discomfort and support healthy digestion on the regular.
- Support your digestive system
- May reduce bloating
- May ease cramping
- Alleviate tummy aches
Flavour profile: Minty fresh with a subtle bitter sweetness.
How to steep the perfect cup:
Steep 2 teaspoons of loose-leaf tea a 205 °F for 5-7 minutes.
14 - 18 cups / 30 g
Why we created this blend:
Our founder Cassy has *always* struggled with really, really bad food cramps –– and no other tea was doing the trick. She created this layered blend to ensure all the ingredients work in a sequence: to calm and support her stomach. Now, DIGEST is her go-to for digestive discomfort when she eats something she wasn’t supposed to –– and she wants the same for everyone else.
Drink DIGEST when:
You’re feeling sluggish, too full, uncomfortable or over-indulged before or after a meal.
All ingredients are caffeine-free, flavouring-free, sweetener-free and Certified Organic.
- Peppermint: Known for its calming properties within the stomach and digestive tract. It relaxes muscles within the stomach and is the lead ingredient that may improve cramps, bloating, nausea and indigestion in this blend.
- Fennel seeds: These aromatic seeds hold anti-inflammatory properties that may relieve gas and digestive spasms by relaxing the muscles in our intestine.
- Blackcurrant: Known to promote healthy bacteria in the gut and stimulates blood flow throughout the body, which is so crucial for our digestive tract.
- Chamomile: Our favourite anti-inflammatory herb to help reduce inflammation in the digestive tract. It’s also known to serve as a preventative measure against issues like diarrhea and irritations from food intolerances, IBS, cramps and gas.
- Licorice Root: A sweet, safe and totally natural laxative that’s also known for supporting slow digestion.
- Marshmallow Root: Soothes the digestive tract by creating a protective coating on our stomach lining. That’s what makes this blend perfect for sipping before a meal –– it preps it to digest what we’re about to eat and prevents discomfort from any pesky food intolerances.
2 ways to enjoy DIGEST:
- Ice it. Steep this tea and pour it over ice to keep in the fridge to sip on throughout the day! A refreshing treat in the summer or when you’re craving cooler drinks. Learn how to steep cold tea here.
- Infuse it. You can have your cocktail and benefit from it, too! DIGEST is the perfect tea to add, freeze DIGEST in an ice cube tray, even add a fresh mint leaf and pour a mojito mixture over top of the cubes to WOW your guests!
Additional Resources + Tea Guides:
- How Long To Steep Tea - Tips for Different Teas
- Kinds of Tea - Choosing the Right Tea for your Body
- Boost your Immune System Naturally with Herbs
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by Health Canada. It does not intend to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or illness. Please contact your healthcare practitioner if you are taking any medication, pregnant or breastfeeding.