The holidays call for festive and warm cocktails and this one can't get any better – where a mulled wine recipe meets hot apple cider, plus it has no unnecessary sugar! This easy mulled wine recipe will become a staple during the holidays for years to come!
One of my close girlfriends loves to make mulled wine during the holidays, before her I had never made it at home just sipped it at the local Christmas Market and at festive parties. She shared her secret with me, (Ikea makes mulled wine in a bottle), naturally I sought it out to give it a go, I definitely wasn't disappointed but I wasn't thrilled with the overtly sweet taste. Where did all the complex spices listed on the side of the bottle go, they seem to have got lost in the mass production.
Here we are a year later kicking off the holiday season with our limited-edition tea blends that are encouraged to be the basis and inspiration for new recipes and traditions. Discover the difference of 100% organic ingredients, premium quality herbs, no flavouring of any kind and a few options to make it just right!
I encourage you to make a batch, store it in a thermos and head out into the crisp winter snow for an afternoon surrounded by the simplicity of nature and your closest people.
What you'll need
- Apple Cider Tea
- Low priced red wine (Cab Sav or Merlot work well)
- One orange
- Medium size sieve or cheese cloth to strain tea
- A large pot or slow cooker
- Brandy, bourbon, whiskey or rum
- 1 bag of Apple Cider Tea (45g)
- 1 bottle of low priced red wine
- 3 oz of Organic Brandy
- Juice of one orange (a mandarin will do if you don't have navel, save the peel for garnish!)
- 2 tbls of honey (we recommend our B.Powered Superfood Honey for a little immune support)
- 3 ounces of organic brandy
This recipe yields 6 servings
Photo by Kezia Photography
- Bring to a boil 4 cups of water with 1 bag of Apple Cider Tea
- Cover and reduce to simmer for minimum 30 minutes for a deep tea infusion full of flavour
- Strain the loose-tea out of the tea (you will loose approx 1/2 a cup of liquid due to steam, that's ok)
- Add the bottle of wine and the juice of one orange to the tea over low heat
- Stir in 2 tbls of honey
- Add 3 ounces of organic brandy
- Heat to desired temperature and serve immediately
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and an orange rind
Wishing you a happy and safe holiday season!
Shop This Story
APPLE CIDER TEA: Limited Edition
One of two limited-edition winter tea blends, inspired by the seasons favourite flavours and nostalgic memories of decorating the tree, hanging lights and browsing holiday markets. Blended with apples, orange peel and signature winter spices - nutmeg, cinnamon and star… read more