Talk about switching up your morning cup from a sweet and frothy tea latte to this vibrant, detoxifying green tea elixir. It quickly became a daily sipper with its liver detoxifying and immune boosting properties, citrusy taste and warming nature all while having plenty of room for creativity to suit your tastebuds and seasonal needs.
BUT first lets rewind 7+ years ago... I was living downtown Vancouver, it was cold and flu season and the rain seemed as if it would never stop. As I walked to work feeling less than 100% I saw this tiny tea shop with a sign reading "Hot Orange Immune Boosting Tea", placed my order and watched the owner steep tea, sprinkle a red powder, add a spoon of honey and begin to froth orange juice – it is safe to say I was a bit turned off by the idea of hot orange juice.
It wasn't until a recent early morning meditation with a fresh foot of snow on the ground and a faint feeling of sickness creeping in that I thought of that hot orange beverage again. With a drawer full of Cara Cara and Blood Oranges I spent the remaining morning before the sun rose recreating the elixir and of course bursting into the bedroom to wake my partner up to try it first thing!
It has now become our morning staple before all the latte's and caffeine consumption. I hope it shocks you as much as it did me all those years ago.
- Our REVIVE green tea blend (another great option is our PICK ME UP tea blend)
- Juice of one orange (Navel, Blood or Cara Cara are all great options and cast a different flavour)
- 1 tsp of honey (I suggest our B.Powered Superfood honey for an extra dose of immune boosting properties)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste depending on your love of spice
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
Recipe yields 1 serving
Detoxifying Green Tea Elixir Benefits
With the natural properties of the above ingredients you'll be kick starting your day with a gentle liver detox, boost of immunity, increased cognitive function and a daily dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Lets break it down a little further.
Revive Green Tea Blend
Our Revive tea blend was designed to support natural liver detoxification and replenish the body both mentally and physically. If you wake up feeling overly fatigued and a bit foggy whether it was that last glass of wine, late night studying or up every hour with your youngest this blend will support you back to feeling your best self.
- Organic Sencha Green Tea - Increases energy and stimulates cognitive function, boosts metabolism (to aid in detoxifying toxins). It also fights off damaged cells thanks to high antioxidant levels.
- Organic Ginger - Helps reduce nausea, soothe digestion, anti-inflammatory and boosts the immune system.
- Organic Milk Thistle - The most well known natural liver detoxifier and rejuvenator!
- Organic Lemon peel - Rich in vitamin C, contains trace amounts of vitamins and minerals to help restore levels after depletion and contains bio- flavonoids to help remove toxins.
- Organic Gingko leaf - The most well known brain-boosting herb! It’s known to improve cognitive function, support healthy brain function, improve focus and memory retention, lower anxiety and reduce stress on the brain.
- Organic Calendula flower - This floral ingredient is high in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties also a mood enhancer!
Possibly one of my favourite parts of winter is when all the shelves fill with different kinds of oranges ranging in a variety of flavours and endless recipe possibilities from elixirs, cocktails, morning citrus salads or an evening platter of oranges, beets and ricotta cheese. Eating with the seasons has its serious benefits and trust me there's a reason you crave them when you do!
- Vitamin C
- Boosts immunity
A longtime revered sweetener packed with benefits and used internally and topically for centuries. We've kicked it up a notch with our favourite B.Powered Superfood Honey as its more than just honey! Containing a hive powered complex of royal jelly for mental clarity, pollen for the body, propolis for the immune system and honey for the soul. Trust me the 1 teaspoon a day is a game changer for your wellbeing.
Depending on your love of spice this adds a whole new dimension to the elixir and of course a long list of benefits.
- Prevent colds from settling in
- Soothes sore throats
- Helps promote blood to circulate
- Acts as a stimulant
- Anti-fungal and inflammatory
- May reduce pain
Pink Himalayan Salt
I was told this simple trick long ago by a revered friend who has too many accolades to mention that peaked my interest in all things natural, herbs and nourishing with the seasons – a pinch of himalayan salt in a cup of tea or water helps to remineralize the water simply making it a highly hydrative and mineral rich beverage.
Detoxifying and Immune Boosting Elixir Recipe
- Steep one cup of Revive Tea in a heat safe cup (2 teaspoons / 12 oz) for 3 minutes, covered.
- Hand juice one orange of your choice
- Remove steeped tea leaves, discard in the compost
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper and pink himalayan salt
- Froth, steam or warm the fresh squeezed orange juice depending on what tools you have
- Pour frothed orange juice into the tea mixture and enjoy!
Sip once a day during the Winter months to enhance your wellbeing with seasonal herbs and fruits.
Shop The Story
Detox | Cleanse | Energize | Focus A rejuvenating blend of crisp green tea, bold ginger and a hint of citrus designed to naturally detoxify the liver, replenish physical and mental energy and increase cognitive function. CAFFEINE LEVEL ➊ ➋ ➌… read more