Benefits of Chia Seeds
It's no secret that chia seeds have been a in vogue for some time now and I don't see them going anywhere for good reason. Chia seeds are nutrient dense with: fibre, protein, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus. They are also loaded with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids all needed to enhance our daily wellbeing. Plus they are easy on the wallet and can be found in the bulk section of your favourite organic grocery store!
Photo by Kris Gill
Spicy Chai Chia Pudding Recipe
This recipe adds a bold warming flavour to the average chia pudding recipe and adds anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits to each bowl, the perfect way to kick off your morning! The best part is the toppings can be whatever you have in your fridge or your taste buds are craving.
- 2 tsp Spicy Chai Tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp plain coconut yogurt
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tsp bee pollen
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Boil the kettle and steep 1 cup of spicy chai tea for 3-5 minutes.
- While your tea is steeping add 1/2 cup of chia seeds to a medium-large glass jar or container.
- Once the tea has steeped, add the spicy chai tea and 1 cup of oat milk to the chia seeds. Stir until the chia seeds are combined with the liquid. We recommend you do this a few times to ensure the chia seeds do not clump together.
- Place a lid on the jar or container and place it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or overnight to achieve a pudding consistency.
- Remove from the fridge right before you're about to serve.
- Divide the pudding into two bowls or save half for another breakfast.
- Top the spicy chai chia pudding with a dollop of plain coconut yogurt, a drizzle of honey, chopped mango, a sprinkle of bee pollen and a dash of cinnamon!
Shop the recipe
SPICY CHAI TEA
Spice up your daily cup with this bold and rewarding approach to traditional chai. Staying true to its roots this blend supports the digestive system and improves circulation. 100% Organic | No flavouring | No sweetener Naturally supportive for: Poor digestion...read more